Good post from Sarah Wade – step out of your comfort zone and read her Top tip to being successful: try something new.
I’ve been asked by one of my publishers to look into the possibilities for a book about food and children with special needs. I want to scope out what this book might cover, and whether this is actually the book that parents of kids with special needs really need, or if there is another area that is more of an issue. So, can you help me by answering a couple of questions:
- If your child has special needs, what are the biggest issues for you right now?
- And is food/eating an issue? What problems have you experienced, what has helped?
Please write your comments below or use the Family Friendly Working contact form. And if you can pass this on to other parents or share this link on your blog, please do!
For immediate release
Marketing – The Essential Guide
With more and more people biting the bullet and starting their own business, you could find yourself full or enthusiasm but at a loss as to where to start.
Marketing – The Essential Guide is a brand new title by award-winning entrepreneur, Antonia Chitty and co-author Victoria Dawson.
Published by Need2Know, this practical and informative guide covers everything from creating your brand to working out your USP and using social media for marketing. An essential guide for beginners and experienced marketers alike this guide will help you achieve marketing success whether you work for a multi-national conglomerate or own the local chip shop. Author Antonia Chitty, co-author of Marketing – The Essential Guide says, ‘Businesses need to put marketing at the top of the list if they want to achieve real business success.’
With chapters covering the basics of marketing, target audience, branding, press releases, online promotion, social media and blogs, this book explores every possible avenue for marketing your business – equipping you with the marketing knowledge to help your business succeed.
Marketing – The Essential Guide is the 82nd in the series and is available now from the Need2Know website http://www.need2knowbooks.co.uk, by calling 01733 898103 or emailing email@example.com. The book is also available from all good bookshops. Marketing – The Essential Guide is available in large print format and as an eBook from the Need2Know website.
Word Count 234
Notes for Editors:
Binding: Paperback A jpeg high-resolution image of the cover is available
Price: £9.99 upon request.
Dimensions: 205mm x 195mm For more information or interviews with Antonia Chitty or Victoria Dawson contact Need2Know on 01733 898103 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d really love one of Jenny at CleverCow’s Wonky Cakes for my next birthday -just need to move closer to Bournemouth!
Rather than do an “xx things I want to do by the time I’m however old”, I’m looking back things I’m proud of achieving in the 41 years I have been here..
- Writing a book, then a whole load more books!
- Having set up a successful business
- The number of mums I have helped grow their businesses
- The business partnerships I have set up
- My 3 kids…
- … and creating a flexible way to work so I am there for them as much as is good for all of us
- and having given birth to Kit in 3.5 hours with just gas and air (not that I wouldn’t have had an epidural if there had been time)
- and – still related to having Kit – I am proud of having made it through 6 months of not being able to walk.
- And getting back to being able to run (a bit – another work in progress!)
- My relationships with my parents
- Getting a degree
- Moving out of home in suburban Surrey to inner city Bradford and having an amazing time
- Travelling to countries including Nepal, Bangladesh, Canada, the USA, the Gambia, as well as Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belgium and Hungary.
- Living by the sea in a fab home
- Being incredibly happy with my life and home and not having to strive for ‘just one more thing to be happy’.
- Being within reach of paying off our mortgage – ask me next year on that one!
- But also owning another house and a third of a house!
- Having a successful relationship for 15+ years (except when we are both sleep deprived)
- Appearing on national TV and radio, with confidence, on plenty of occasions
- Writing for Which magazine for 3 years
- And appearing in other magazines
- And still writing freelance features
- And being a confident speaker at professional events
- Being able to horseride (a bit!)
- Having cast off a very Christian upbringing to create my own world view
- Won the ‘inspirational businessmum’ award and made it into this year’s Mumpreneur 100!
- Go to India
- Learn to sail
For immediate release
Complementary Therapies – The Essential Guide
Complementary therapy, or alternative therapy as it is sometimes called, is a term used to describe a range of treatments that treats the individual in a holistic way, treating the whole person not just the symptom that is troubling them. The belief is that a person is well if their body, mind and environment are all balanced. It is estimated that around 30% of the population in the UK use complementary therapy and this figure continues to rise.
Complementary Therapies – The Essential Guide, by Antonia Chitty and Victoria Dawson, published on 1st January 2011, brings together expert advice, the latest research and facts about the most commonly used complementary therapies.
This practical guide covers acupuncture, aromatherapy, chiropractice, herbalism and Chinese medicine, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, massage, osteopathy, reiki and reflexology. For each therapy there is information on its history, what the treatment involves and what it can help treat. There are also sections in each chapter on how each therapy can be useful if you are pregnant, elderly or a parent wanting treatment for your child.
Both authors are experienced in the subject. Antonia Chitty investigates and writes about complementary therapies on a regular basis for national health charities; Victoria Dawson is a qualified hypnotherapist, life coach and Reiki Master with an interest in all complementary therapies. They say, ‘More and more people in the UK are turning to complementary therapies in order to relieve stress, relax or relieve some form of illness. The book looks at the most commonly used complementary therapies in detail.’
The selection of therapies available can be baffling to someone who has no prior knowledge of the techniques and what they are beneficial for. If you are looking for information about where to start, Complementary Therapies – The Essential Guide will help you to find out more about the most common therapies currently in use and how they may benefit you or your family.
Published by Need2Know – the imprint of Forward Press that focuses on overcoming real life problems – Complementary Therapies – The Essential Guide is the 67th in the series and is available now from the Need2Know website (http://www.need2knowbooks.co.uk) or by calling 01733 898103 or emailing email@example.com. The book is also available from all good bookshops. Complementary Therapies is available in large print format, and as an ebook from the Need2Know website.
Publication Date: 1st January 2011 (Pre-publication copies available now)
Dimensions: 205mm x 195mm
Notes for Editors:
- ‘Complementary Therapies – The Essential Guide’ is priced at £9.99
2. Antonia Chitty is a freelance health writer and author of a number of health books. She trained and worked as an optometrist for a number of years before moving to write on health for Which? magazine. She investigates and writes on complementary therapies on a regular basis for national health charities.
Victoria Dawson is a qualified hypnotherapist, life coach and Reiki Master with an interest in all complementary therapies. Victoria has a particular interest in sleep and is a qualified sleep practitioner.
- A jpeg high-resolution image of the cover is available upon request.
- Translations will shortly be available. Please contact the Need2Know office for details.
- Need2Know is the imprint of People’s Publisher Forward Press Ltd.
Forward Press writing initiatives include: Young Writers / Anchor Books / Spotlight Poets / Need2Know / Triumph House / New Fiction / WomensWords / StrongWords / Poetry Now / Pond View. Find out more at: www.forwardpress.co.uk
For more information or interviews with Antonia Chitty and Victoria Dawson contact Alison Cross on 01733 898103 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org