Things I’ve done by 41
Rather than do an “xx things I want to do by the time I’m however old”, I’m looking back things I’m proud of achieving in the 41 years I have been here..
- Writing a book, then a whole load more books!
- Having set up a successful business
- The number of mums I have helped grow their businesses
- The business partnerships I have set up
- My 3 kids…
- … and creating a flexible way to work so I am there for them as much as is good for all of us
- and having given birth to Kit in 3.5 hours with just gas and air (not that I wouldn’t have had an epidural if there had been time)
- and – still related to having Kit – I am proud of having made it through 6 months of not being able to walk.
- And getting back to being able to run (a bit – another work in progress!)
- My relationships with my parents
- Getting a degree
- Moving out of home in suburban Surrey to inner city Bradford and having an amazing time
- Travelling to countries including Nepal, Bangladesh, Canada, the USA, the Gambia, as well as Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belgium and Hungary.
- Living by the sea in a fab home
- Being incredibly happy with my life and home and not having to strive for ‘just one more thing to be happy’.
- Being within reach of paying off our mortgage – ask me next year on that one!
- But also owning another house and a third of a house!
- Having a successful relationship for 15+ years (except when we are both sleep deprived)
- Appearing on national TV and radio, with confidence, on plenty of occasions
- Writing for Which magazine for 3 years
- And appearing in other magazines
- And still writing freelance features
- And being a confident speaker at professional events
- Being able to horseride (a bit!)
- Having cast off a very Christian upbringing to create my own world view
- Won the ‘inspirational businessmum’ award and made it into this year’s Mumpreneur 100!
Things I’d like to do include:
- Go to India
- Learn to sail
… but basically I’m very content with my lot right now!