Spare Room Start Up
1. Do something you love. Let your business idea be based on a passion, hobby or skill. That way it will never really feel like work!
2. Find dedicated space in the house. This will make it easier to create your ideal work environment and to switch off at the end of the day.
3. Make the most of technology. Invest in tools that make you super-efficient (there are plenty that can be bought on a budget) and use the web to promote you and the business.
4. Get out of the home office. Meet new people – including customers and suppliers – by attending meetings, shows and events. Or just pop to your local coffee shop when in need of a little human interaction!
5. Enjoy! Your commute to work takes 60 seconds and you get more done in the hours you have. That frees up time to do all the other things you like to do. Enjoy each day of being a Spare Room Start Up.